Shaun Wright-Phillips insists he is happy again at QPR after turning down “offers and opportunities” to move in the January transfer window.
Wright-Phillips last started a league game under previous manager Harry Redknapp in September 2013 as he was continually overlooked throughout their promotion season in the Championship, and this season in the Premier League.
However, Redknapp resigned as manager for medical reasons in February and was replaced by Chris Ramsey, who handed Wright-Phillips his first Premier League appearance since March 2013 in the 2-0 victory at Sunderland.
Wright-Phillips told Sky Sports‘ Goals on Sunday: “It’s all going well now. It’s all a clean slate. The manager is in charge now and I’m just continuing to work hard, like I have done for the last year.”
Redknapp had spoken openly about Wright-Phillips, whose contract is up in the summer, turning down various loan moves to Championship clubs due to the fact he would have to take a pay cut.
It was reported that the midfielder had complained about lack of opportunities at QPR under Redknapp but Wright-Phillips is keen to get his head down and help the club survive relegation under the new manager.
He said: “There was stuff flying around and offers and opportunities. But I believe in my ability and I know what I’m capable of and I just needed a chance. The person that’s taken over has given me that chance.
“It’s changed a lot. At Sunderland away, you saw we had a sense of direction. We know trigger points and when the right time is to press. At the moment, people can see we’re fighting for our lives to stay in the Premier League and put their bodies on the line.”